From "Harry Rosen Is Dead at 92; Junior's Restaurant Founder"
New York Times, October 11, 1996. Originally published in
Molly O'Neill, New York Cookbook (Workman Publishing, 1992)
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sifted cornstarch
- 30 ounces (3 3/4 large packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350. Generously butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with the graham cracker crumbs and refrigerate the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the cornstarch. Beat in the cream cheese. Beat in the egg. Slowly drizzle in the heavy cream, beating constantly. Add the vanilla and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake until the top in golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 3 hours.
- Serves 8 to 10.
Back to Cooking